Wednesday

Final Proj: Tools - Firefox Extensions

If The Internet is a boxing match between old rivals and new contenders, Google would be the *current* heavyweight champ and Firefox, it's coach in the corner.

I'm still on the ropes trying to develop my final project. Fortunately, Firefox helps my brainstorming a little easier. I won't go into all the details of how nifty Firefox's extensions help browsing and searching the web easier.

Those industrious developers that build the extensions alone are the reasons for that. I have De.lici.ous, AdBlock Plus, Cool Iris, Map +, FireBug, Download StatusBar, IE Tab, NoScript, and Web Developer installed on mine.

Although Cool Iris will take some getting used to. It helps give a preview of a link or site without having to actually click it. Much like the Magnifying glass feature in the Ask.com search engine.

De.lici.ous is my sticky note database. Like Google, I would be lost without it.

If anybody knows of any good extensions or items worth of note, please share them. For now, I'll just dig through the haystack and if I find a needle, I'll pull it out for all to see.

Firefox Extensions



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home